Well, I've done it. I have started a blog.
I don't really know what I am supposed to write, or if anyone is even reading this haha. It's kinda of interesting, Everyone told me that I needed to start one, yet I always found some kind of excuse, but I had some time on my hands this Christmas Vacation so why not.
This Christmas was a blast! It was my first one home for a couple years seeing as I spent my last to on my mission in Londrina Brazil... aka Paradise. The year was an off year so all my siblings went to their inlaws. Luckily Hilary lives close enough that we still got to play with her. James and I lived up the first Christmas home from both our missions full of skiing, going to see the Christmas Carol, decorating Gingerbread houses, sleeping, swimming, oh and of course EATING!
It has been great. I am not quite ready to head back up to Idaho for another semester of school.
Christmas was a little different this year. Since we were little the tradition has been all of the kids get our pajamas, watch the nativity, do family presents and head down to the Gameroom to sleep. Me and James lived up to the traditions and headed down to the gameroom to watch the Christmas Story and fall asleep. "You'll shoot your eye out" or "I can't put my arms down." Great quotes. Anyways I will first tell the next part from my point of view, and than from my Dad's. I was sleeping as visions of sugar plums danced in my head when suddenly I heard a loud beeping. I popped up and was confused. I wasn't sure what it was, but I was awake, and something wasn't right. Suddenly our Dog Daisy started to bark like mad. Of course my thought was "Mom and Dad must have put an alarm system in our house while I was gone, and someone broke in and Daisy caught them." I made James go upstairs and check on Daisy, and Check the garage for strangers. Everything was normal so we went back downstairs, but Daisey kept barking. I was wide awake, and I bit nervous for what was happening. Then My Mom and Dad came down and we decided to do Christmas since we were all wide awake.
Now I will tell the same story from my Dad's point of view.
5:00 A.M. My Dad starting to hear the familiar chirping of when a battery is low on a smoke detector.
5:32 A.M My Dad gets frusterated enough that he gets up to unplug the detector. He thinks its the Carbom Monoxide detector so he unplugs it and tries to take the battery out. He goes into my Sister's old bedroom to turn on the light and get the battery out. After some frusterating tries, he gets the battery out and smiles in relief when he hears "chirp"
5:45 A.M my Dad is now frusterated shoves the battery back in the Carbon Monoxide detector and heads out to the smoke detector. Gets on his tip toes and starts trying to get it off.
5:50 A.M heads down to the laundry room where Daisy sleeps and turns on the light to wake her up, and gets some new batterys.
6:00 A.M My Dad finally gets the batterys in and accidently hits the reset button which causes every smoke detector in our house to go off for a few minutes. Daisy hearing the noise begins to bark. Dad Slams the detector back on and goes into his room to change and get ready for the day.
So that was how we woke up to Christmas, a bit different, but just as fun! Everyone likes a new adventure right?
One of my favorite quotes of this break has been from my Adorable nephew Coleman, for those of you who may not remember which one he is, he is famous for breaking out into "Don't Stop Beleiving" at the top of his lungs during the Sacrament in church. Hil and her family came over to watch the BYU bowl game. We were in the family room and Coleman had been playing the a doll downstairs. Jackson and Walker decided to go attack James and his friends in the basement with weapons. Jackson said "We don't have weapons," and Walker yelled, "yeah we do, lets go get Colemans baby." The next part makes me laugh just writing it. We hear Coleman let out a very high scream "AHHHH MY BABY!!!!" Hilary and I busted up laughing, not something you hear a little boy usually yell with such fright. It was pretty good.
My new Nickname could be Ringo, we got Beatles Rockband for Christmas and james and both my parents have been jamming out. I am usually on the drums and have gotten pretty good at them.... mind you it is on easy, but hey who has to know. I also got a game called Wacky 6, but no one in my family will play it with me, so it will wait till Rexburg.
My break is now soon coming to an end. James and I are headed back up to the Burg on Friday, School starts on Tuesday and who knows when I will write on this blog again. But I hope you enjoy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Kimi! You write exceptionally well! This made me laugh SO much!
ReplyDelete